Friday, 2 May 2008

Lots of small changes

Since i finished some coursework that was due in today, I've managed to spend a bit of time working on OGE. Instead of making loads of changes and then committing the whole lot in one go, I'm now trying to commit more regularly with smaller additions. Various files have been moved around, data stream helper classes have been added, small changes and documentation to threading code have been made. Steven also ported the old serialisation code and is working on logging.

There is not much left to add to the utilities so very soon work will begin on the core which should be much more interesting. This will lead nicely into my summer holidays.

Looking at OGE now, it's so much cleaner and more organised than our old code. The utilities (at least in my opinion) is turning out very nicely and i at least will find it very useful when working on projects in the future, I hope others will also find it useful.

No comments: