Wednesday, 14 May 2008

Configuration changes to OGE

I've had a bit of time since finishing my last bit of coursework and starting my next (ugh) so i worked on OGE's configuration/options code. There we're a few main features i wanted to add so i had to spend some time working out how to fit it in. I had tried previously but it came out a mess.

I still have quite a bit of work left on this but currently I have expanded oge::Option to allow:
  • very basic tracking of what options have been added have been added
  • tracking whether any values of an option have been added/changed/removed
These are very simple so don't allow complex tracking but will allow only the modified parts of an option hierarchy to be written to a config file. This can be used to have a read-only main config file and a user chosen or hardware dependant/specific settings config file. Only the settings that have changed compared to the read-only file have to be saved seperately.

I'm also working on the abstract option file parser and an XML implementation.
It seems to be going well at the moment and i'm hoping it won't be too long until i've finished and can commit but i've got a lot of coursework to do sadly.

I also realised i only have 24 days left of uni this year!

No comments: