Saturday, 12 January 2008

Uni Coursework/Exams

I've been very busy lately with uni coursework, namely Distributed Web Systems, where we are building a (fairly simple) distributed file sharing system, in small groups. The aim is to have a group of storage servers that store a consistent list of files, and any number of clients (web based front ends) can connect to any of the servers. The system should be able to handle server crashes.

I'm working on the server and the part of the client that interacts with them. I'm almost there, but like most projects i work on, every time i get a bit closer, the end gets a bit further away. It's a shame that the deadline doesn't follow suit. I have only a week left to finish off my part, integrate it with my team mates work, full test it and submit a report. My exams start the week after and go on for three weeks. I haven't really started revising yet because of coursework.

I'm looking forward to after the exams, i can begin work on OGE again. A big refactor is being planned, with the aim being to make it more modular and easy to develop with. I will go into more detail later...

No comments: