I havent blogged in a while because I have been fairly busy with uni and OGE, but hopefully from now I can be a bit more relaxed.
Firstly, I have a 6 day weekend now as most of my units in uni are coursework based, we managed to get our 2 lectures fit into a single day. This of course saves me a lot of time (an hour travel every day) and money, which i can now use to buy cheap DVDs...
Secondly, Leanne and I, came up with a schedule for me to use that will allow me to do all the work I need to but to have free time as well. Usually I end up thinking that I should be working nearly all the time, because there's no set schedule that I can stick to. So now I have OGE scheduled meaning I can definitely keep working on that as well as get all my work done.
For OGE, I just committed the first public preview of OGE utilities to SVN, there's obviously a lot to add to it still. Once it has been documented and enough features added to it then work can be started on the core, which will be a lot more fun.
The dependencies for the core is now POCO and Intel's Threading Building Blocks. The latter we added to be able to get as much performance as we can out of threading in OGE, as they include a lot of very useful utilities. I don't think we will end up using their parrallel code, as OGE will manage its own threads, but atomic primitives, fast mutexs and concurrent containers will be very useful.
Friday, 11 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment